Tick attachment time is crucial. Removing ticks from the skin as soon as possible reduces the chance of Lyme infection. In case you or your family member is bitten recently, grasp the tick promptly. As ticks are a kind of annoying pest they can cause serious infections. To protect your home from tick attacks, hire pest control Wanniassa services.
One has to be very careful while treating ticks, and only professionals can do it. However, follow the following mentioned points if you have been bitten by a tick recently.
How To Act If A Tick Bites You?
- Remove The Tick
In case the tick bites you, remove it as soon as possible. Wear gloves and pull the tick from the skin, ensuring removing its mouthparts. If still some mouthparts remain, don’t rush as your body will detach them naturally. Also, be gentle while removing the tick. Do not twist it.
- Clean And Protect The Affected Area
First, wash your hands and then clean the bite area with gentle soap and lukewarm water. Once the area is cleaned, apply alcohol to the wound to prevent Lyme infection.
- See A Doctor
If the tick gets deep in the skin, do not try to remove it on your own. Rather see a health care expert. Also, see a doctor if:
- You think it is a deer tick, which is commonly found in Australia. Your health care doctor will prescribe you a dose of an effective antibiotic to prevent Lyme disease.
- You experience flu-like symptoms namely headache, fever, nausea, muscle ache and vomiting, etc.
- The most common sign of Lyme disease by a tick bite is a “bullseye” rash. Lyme rash is clearer from the centre and red from the corners.
- Follow Up
Do not hesitate to see a doctor when a tick bites you. If the bite is small you can use homemade cleaners, but if it is extreme only a doctor can help. Doctors also suggest you should opt for regular pest control inspections at your place.
What Not To Do When A Tick Bites You?
- Do not rush. Be gentle with the tick-affected area. In any hurry, while dealing with it can cause Lyme disease.
- Do not use petroleum jelly or a hot matchstick to remove ticks.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing the bite affected area and nearby skin.
- Always sanitise your hands before touching the bite area.
- After removing the tick, keep it in a container and show it to your doctor.
Are You Searching For Pest Control Service In Wanniassa?
The best way to remove ticks from your place is to hire a pest control service. At Pest Control Wanniassa, we have licensed and experienced pest control workers. By choosing us, you will get a variety of pest control services at reasonable prices. Additionally, all of our local pest cleaners are flexible and perform 24hours pest control services in Wanniassa, Australia. So, if you are finding it hard to deal with bugs and ticks at your place, reach out to us.